If you feel bad after eating pasta, don’t eat it. It’s not the main flavor in the dish anyway. Try this instead: Zucchini noodles!! Do yourself a flavor (see what I did there, it’s not a typo 🙂 get a spiralizer and start making zucchini noodles. Plus, it’s fun and you can use it for a lot more than zucchini. Here’s a great recipe using zucchini noodles:
Here’s 10 reasons why should do this:
- Gluten free
- less calories
- high in Lutein and vitamin c
- anti-inflammatory properties
- high in phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese
- 95% of it is water
- can help reduce the risk of colon cancer
- can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- Super versatile: can be grilled, roasted, boiled, mashed, spiralized
- you can scoop out the middle and make zucchini boats and fill it with stuff
Let’s compare regular noodles (spaghetti) to zucchini noodles. You have to cut the serving size in half for the spaghetti but you get the picture.
If you want a more comprehensive plan of what your body is lacking and what you should be eating to keep your body firing on all cylinders, call Main Line Integrative Nutrition and schedule a consultation.